CUNY Blackboard is a resource for online learning available to the City University of New York. It is a learning management system used by CUNY students to access their semester courses, interact with their lecturers, and take quizzes online. If you are a CUNY Faculty, staff member, or student, a Cuny portal account has been reserved for you.
To access that account, you have to register first by creating a username and password.
Blackboard is a web-based course management program that allows instructors to upload course materials, quizzes, and classwork online. Here students are also unable to participate in online classes and utilize online course materials to complement face-to-face learning.
How To Log into a Cuny Blackboard
Basically, there are two different ways you can use to access Cuny blackboard login through Cuny first or directly log into blackboard. Let’s discuss how to log in through the Cuny Portal.
Log in through the Cuny First
- Firstly, launch your web browser
- Now, navigate to cuny.edu
- You will be directed to Cuny’s first login screen, there hit on the portal login- link
- Enter your Cuny Portal Username and password and hit on the Log-in button
- By clicking on the Blackboard link an eLearn page will open with Home Tab. Their courses are displayed in the Courses module
How to log directly into a Blackboard
To access the City University of New York Learning Management Portal,
- Go to your Web Browser, navigate to www.cuny.edu
- Now you are on CUNY Blackboard log-in page
- Click on Blackboard(bbhosted.cuny.edu) on the left of the page
- Enter your login credentials (username and password) and click on OK Button
- Finally, the blackboard page will open with the Home tab active.
- Now, courses are displayed in the My courses Module, on the right side of the screen.
How to Reset CUNY Blackboard Password
To Reset your CUNY Blackboard Password, you have to follow a few simple steps
- Firstly, go to the Cuny portal
- Now, you are able to see the “Account and Password Reset” link click on it
- After entering your last name, your 9-digit Faculty ID number and your birth date on your user validation screen. Click on the Next Button.
- Now check your entered data and click confirm. If you made a mistake, click cancel and re-enter your information.
- The Password Reset page will appear, here you are able to see your Username and way to create a new password.
- Enter your New Password and confirm the New Password in the second field and click save
- Once you entered the correct data click on Save, and you will be redirected to the CUNY Portal page.
- Now, enter your Username and your new password to access Cuny Blackboard
Difficulty logging into Blackboard
If you are facing any difficulty logging into a blackboard you may need to clear your web browser’s cache or cookies. As usual Web browsers are frequently updated and the instructions for your specific computer and web browser may differ. Here are some instructions below that are current for web browser versions as of March 2022.
- You must ensure that when removing the cache and cookies from your browser, website settings and saved data are removed. If you have a password saved in your web browser, you will need to enter it again.
- You should sign out of your browser account before deleting the cache if you use the sync option on your web browser to share your settings and information across devices or locations.
- After deleting your cache, some content will need to be reloaded and websites may seem slower than usual.
Let us know how to clear the cache from your google chrome by following a few steps:
- First, open chrome on your computer
- Click the More icon to open the menu. In that window, you are able to see the three vertical dots to the far right of the Address bar.
- Now, Click More tools and then clear browsing data.
- Select All the time at the top.
- Now, you have to check the “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” and click the clear data button.
- Finally, Close the Settings tab.
- Any changes you have made will automatically be saved.
- On your computer, you have to open Edge
- Hit on the menu button and select settings. In that menu button, you are able to see three horizontal dots to the far right of the Address bar.
- Now select Settings, then the Privacy, search and services panels.
- Select What to clear under clear browsing data.
- Select clear now.
What Time Does Blackboard support?
Basically, students and faculty who have pressing questions regarding Blackboard use can call after-hours support for assistance. This hour’s service is available weeknights (between 8:00 pm and 8:00 am the next morning) and weekends (from Friday night at 8:00 pm until Monday Morning at 8:00 am).
visit, MDC Blackboard
Today in this article, I covered Cuny blackboard. Hope this article will help you to log in to a Cuny blackboard and how to use this platform. By using this learning management system students can easily access their semester courses and interact with their instructors. Your account will be safe and reserved for you on this platform.